Wedding Picture Bonanza!
Today is Alice and Steve’s one month anniversary. If you don’t like weddings, love, happy people, or Montana’s big sky, then look away now…
Friday night was the rehearsal and we snuck in some photos, because Alice’s sparkly dress was just SCREAMING to be immortalized in pictures. You already saw that they were graced with a double rainbow and and gorgeous sunset. Montana really did not disappoint.
Then came a wedding day full of happy tears, crazy blue skies, and love all around. I can’t believe that it has already been a month.
Before we get to the good stuff I want to tell you five things:
1. I shared photography duties with a very nice friend of Alice’s, because I couldn’t be a bridesmaid AND take photos of the ceremony. So no ceremony photos. Or many candids. Or many group shots. Alice’s friend did those, and I am ever so thankful!
2. Alice’s dress was handmade by her man-of-honor. It was absolutely beautiful and I’m not just saying that because I donated my wedding dress to use for fabric. Since I have no daughters to make wear the thing, I got sneaky and made my sister do it. With any luck the tradition will continue when my youngest sister, Abi, ties the knot someday.
3. Riding a four-wheeler up a mountain to take photos in the baking sun is not what most brides want to do. My sister is not most brides. I like her for that.
4. We had a whole lot of jumping going on after dinner. I had to delete a bunch of photos where skirts and dresses jumped a little too high, but the resulting photos sure are fun (even if I now know that I was the only one wearing spanks to the wedding).
5. In the evening there was dancing by the light of lanterns. And there was camping and a fire and s’mores.
6. It was just a really, really nice day. Now Little M talks all the time about weddings and marriage — he has his bride and outfit picked out and everything. All I have to do is casually mention that people can’t get married until they can put on their own shirt and eat their vegetables, and he gets moving in a snap. It’s pretty awesome.
Anyway! On with the onslaught of photos!